PRODUCTS & R&D
Small GEO HTS Satellite
Small GEO HTS Satellite
Small GEO is a product designed to provide broadband satellite communications. The device operates in Ka-band and is designed based on the latest radio beam steering IC. The chip was designed (in cooperation with partners) and manufactured by Thorium Space. Thorium’s chip has made it possible to create a fully digital, digitally defined satellite system, using a flat antenna array with a fully digitally steered beam as the radiating element. Thanks to this approach and the use of Thorium’s cryptographic solutions, the designed device is fully protected against interference or interception by unauthorized persons.
The use of flat direct-radiation antennas (DRA) and the integration of multiple components in Thorium’s system has succeeded in achieving a significant reduction in weight and power requirements, thereby reducing the amount of heat generated. SmallGEO is an extremely flexible system that can operate in all orbits (LEO, MEO, GEO) and generate multiple independent beams simultaneously. The symar bandwidth for all beams is 100 Gbps, and each beam independently provides full NATO-compliant bandwidth. SDS technology allows the mission to be reconfigured during the course of the mission depending on the user’s needs. Incoming and outgoing signals, can be checked in real time on the satellite for integrity and intrusion attempts and, if hostile activity is detected, blocked or reconfigured or filtered from interference. The flexibility of the system allows integration with almost any satellite system currently available on the market.
- Full Ka-band operation
17.7 GHz – 21.2 GHz Transmit Frequency
27 GHz – 31 GHz Receive Frequency
- Simultaneous dual-beam operation
- Highly integrated featuring built-in frequency conversion allowing for minimalization of BOM elements
- Designed to be easily integrated with existing L-band modem RF interfaces
- On-board Beam Book for fast beam switching
- Parallel or daisy-chain control for PCB design flexibility
Thorium Space with collaboration with Sivers Semiconductors is proud to bring to market a high-performance chipsets for satellite communication systems.
The upcoming chip families bring state-of-the-art low-noise, high-gain technology into the satellite communications market. High level of integration and high-end parameters will allow our clients to build more advanced and compact radiocommunication systems.
Aurora Satcom Terminal
Aurora Satcom Terminal
TAurora Satcom Terminal is a device designed to provide a broadband communication with satellites operating in Ka band. The construction of the device is based on flat panel active electronically steered antenna (AESA) technology. The product is capable of generating two independent beams, both transmitting and receiving, and supports bilateral communication simultaneously with two GEO or non-GEO satellites. Terminal is compatible with diverse modem options available on the market, which ensures operation under different standards (modem card is integrated in terminal housing). The utilized LAN interface is Ethernet. Terminal enables autonomous localization of the given satellite based on built-in GNSS and IMU modules. Beam direction can be manually configured. The device can be placed on the ground, flat surface or set on a tripod for initial positioning.
System can be powered either by an AC outlet via a dedicated power adapter (24 VDC) or by means of a designated battery pack. Aurora Satcom Terminal is resistant to selected environmental conditions.
- Operating frequency: TX: 27–31,5 GHz, RX: 17.7–21.2 GHz
- LAN interface: Ethernet
- Operating temperature range: from -40°C to 55°C
- Maximum beam steering angle: electronic: azimuth: ±65°, elevation: ±65°
- Maximum antenna positioning angle: manual (initial): azimuth: ±180°, elevation: ±90°
- Supported operation schemes: TDMA, FDMA (SCPC), HTS
- Number of beams: 2 simultaneous beams at any orbit
- Instantaneous Bandwidth: 2 GHz
- EIRP: 64 dBm
- G/T: >14 dB/K
- XPD: >25 dB
- Maximum throughput: 1 Gbps
- Power input: 24 VDC / 300 W
Thorium Space designs and produces Communication Payloads based on proven space-class components and the latest technologies that guarantee efficient operation of the devices throughout the entire mission. Thanks to the use of proprietary solutions and control over every aspect of the complete communication system, it is possible to flexibly adapt the devices to the individual needs of our customers. Thanks to the experience of our engineering staff, we are also able to advise on defining the mission and the scope of supported functionalities of a satellite communication system dedicated to your applications.
Thorium Space, in cooperation with its partners providing satellite platforms, is also able to provide you with services in the comprehensive delivery of a satellite with a dedicated communication system or provide support in placing the system on a third-party satellite (so-called hosted payload).
Depending on your needs, the system’s capabilities may include:
- Full integration with the company’s flat panel antenna technology
- Multiple electronically steered antenna beams allowing you to freely manage the system’s operating area
- Support for up to the full Ka frequency band (commercial and NATO frequencies)
- Flexible channel and bandwidth management
- Possibility to regenerate/correct selected data streams
- Support for beam-hopping technique